View Single Post
Old 09-27-2019, 12:04 PM   #27
brocoli
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Sutton View Post
I have watched Stringer a lot over the last four years. Other then his work and effectiveness on the PK under Mike Dyck, he never really did a lot to impress, except put up points. He is not a good skater, his hands are okay, not physical, is neither really a great playmaker or a great finisher. He is however the least noticeable point per game player you will ever see, he works his can off, has quite the touch around the net and has hockey sense that is off the charts, and character to match it, as a teenager he has battled and overcome more then any of us could imagine He is always in the right place at the right time and currently still a 16 year old in a 19 year old league.
I agree with you DS as I've seen him a ton as well through his Bantam/Midget years. He's always had the size, but never the strength which I think this year we will start to see more so with the Canes. Nash is a hard nosed forward who will go into the dirty areas which can work. Stringer is an outside player who gets knocked off the puck often. I won't ever question his work ethic because I believe that he does work. But I would like to see the Canes make him get stronger before putting him into these situations so young.
brocoli is offline   Reply With Quote