View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 05:32 PM   #108
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty81 View Post
I think Edwards is the problem, and yeah Ken King has been his hamfisted bagman. He has bungled everything he has touched from the jerseys to his moronic interfering in hockey ops decisions if that piece is true.

The old guard has been great and very committed but Harley Hotchkiss was leading them the last time the Flames were in danger. He was committed to the Flames. Edwards is not from Calgary and he doesn't live here anymore... you wonder if he's thinking, yeah I'd rather have a harborfront condo in Seattle and spend some time there than go back to freezing Calgary. Edwards personally has done nothing to assure me of his commitment to Calgary.
You mean aside from buy into the team when things were already going south and endure a full decade of increasing losses hoping for a turnaround?

That being said, I agree with you that Edwards is the problem. He's not Hotchkiss or Doc. And his difference in style definitely shows here as he's more than willing to be adversarial where Harley would be more conciliatory.