View Single Post
Old 01-13-2022, 04:25 PM   #18
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

My Grandma had the luckiest kind of dementia ever for her last couple of years. She went into this fairytale world where my dad was a judge in Australia (he was never a judge, never left North America, and had died like 15 years earlier). Her long-deceased husband was just at church, but would be back soon. Basically, anything bad that had ever happened was uno-reversoed to the point where all the negative stuff was best-case-scenario positive to her. She just cruised around smiling like the happiest person alive, which was also an uno-reverso of how she operated for the first 80-some years of her life.

She was a trip to visit, man. Maybe eight years ago I went to her old folks home to see her (in Saskatchewan). Some guy was doing a puppet show for the old people with a couple of marionettes. One of the marionettes was in blackface and I proceeded to watch the single most racist puppet show you could possibly imagine. It was straight-up the twilight zone. Just me and a bunch of dementia-riddled geriatrics howling at another geriatric making fun of other races. It was fataed up, man. Should I storm out? Should I stop the thing? Should I be a total wuss and just sit there gobsmacked (that's what I did)?
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post: