View Single Post
Old 01-13-2022, 01:40 PM   #5
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

My Grandmother had dementia and I've dealt with this sort of thing with various clients over the years so I've got a lot of experience in this area as well.

That was an excellent post but I'm just going to haul out a snippet to really emphasize:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
As well make sure that you have everything legally done, with us we took over the role of the primary care givers to make all decisions from my dad, so we had to review all of their power of attorney stuff, and all legal documents that have to do with their decisions and for example finances. Consult with a lawyer if you are freaked out they can help you navigate things.
This is CRITICALLY important!

And you have to have this done while your loved ones are still of Sound Mind.

I cannot emphasize this enough. If this condition is even potentially happening get the paperwork done. It is crucial.

I have had experience with people who did not get their documentation completed and it is not a process to go through that you would wish upon anyone.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post: