View Single Post
Old 09-11-2019, 12:42 PM   #510
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
I just don't get all the hype he gets. A lot of people reference him like he's leading some underspending team to great success.

They finished second once. They've won no trophies under him. I feel like I'm living in crazy town watching the adulation. He's a fine coach but really he's just flirting with the top of the table and going home alone. I get it's mostly Levy, but still.
I think it's pretty simple though. They can't buy all the best players and yet for the past few years have been in the mix for the league, runners up in the CL, had decent runs in the cups and have overall been more consistent than at least a couple of the spenders. That's a pretty solid record for Poch? It makes people think that if he was given the budget of United/Liverpool/City he'd walk the league.

I'm not saying that is the case, and I don't think it's necessarily true. It reminds me of Cujo in the NHL when he was stopping shots a night and I thought "if he could get on a good team, he'd have shutouts every night!" Sports doesn't work that way though. I think that a similar thing will happen with Poch when he eventually goes to Madrid. Although, I do hope he does well!
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote