View Single Post
Old 08-20-2008, 09:33 PM   #37
Iowa_Flames_Fan
Referee

Exp:

Thought I would bump this thread rather than start a new one. I mentioned earlier in the thread that one of my dogs had lost a bunch of weight, seemed listless and so on.

I just got back from the Tufts Veterinary hospital. They did an ultrasound on his abdomen and found a 3X4 cm mass on his liver, along with a number of other, smaller masses. My dad's a pathologist and he says it's highly unlikely that the large mass is anything other than a malignant tumour. The vet wants to do a biopsy to be sure but we're reluctant. We don't think it will change what our next steps will be. He's been having some G.I. upset and we'll treat that and his arthritis and just do our best to keep him comfortable. I know we'll have to make the eventual decision, I just don't know when..or how long to wait.

In some ways this was an easier issue for me before it became a reality for my dog. Now I feel like I'm staring it in the face and I know what I need to do but deciding when to do it seems like the hardest decision in the world. I don't want my dog to suffer but he's also one of my best friends.

Any words of wisdom would be appreciated.
Iowa_Flames_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote