View Single Post
Old 02-17-2023, 10:32 AM   #190
Ziggy Lidstrom
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
I read a scouting report once (I think it was FC Hockey), where they said his skating was so bad, that he would never have a chance at the NHL level. They said he showed signs of good hockey sense though. I remembered after reading the article thinking, "watch the Flames draft this plug", and sho 'nuff....

Watching him at the prospect camp this year, he looked like he had improved his skating many times over, he had no problem keeping up with the play-it was really nice to see. His hard work over the past few years won him the coaches' award for best player in camp (Ronni won fittest player), and indeed earned him an ELC. I think he still has plenty of room for improvement in the speed department, but I no longer believe it will hold him back. I like this kid now, he works his ass off. I don't think he'll be a top-6 player at the next level by any means, but he could be a bottom-6 energy guy with toughness and physicality, who kills penalties- much like Hathaway, although not as fast.

Thx for the reply. I recall his pre draft feelings about his skating.

Good to hear it’s improved. If he has the work ethic it seems like people say he has then he could be a valuable top 9 pwf.

I think he has some snarl to his game as well no?

Why are pwf so hard to find and develop? Man iggy sure was a unicorn.