View Single Post
Old 10-16-2019, 05:33 PM   #82
badradio
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
This could also be used to explain the huge age difference between the Joker and the Batman. When people recollect things they typically insert their current selves into the memory.

Then again, if Arthur Fleck is 30ish in the movie and Bruce Wayne is 10, that could work. Although a 20 plus age gap seems like a lot, and was one of my biggest gripes with the movie. Then again, assuming that Batman is his 20s when he starts, I can't really see the Joker ever being much less than 40.
The age gap bothered me as well... but now it all makes sense. Joker is looking back at his origins. Perhaps just before he escapes the asylum? but he sees himself as “current, 30 something” joker when he’s “telling” the story. Explains why Bruce’s dad was characterized as a jerk, because it’s all told through the joker’s eyes. Also explains all the far-fetched delusions like the talk show, getting pulled from the cop car as a hero, coworker giving him a gun, etc, etc... Usually I’m more observant, but I admit I didn’t catch it. The flashback of the neighbour was included as a reference to question everything else. At first I felt that didn’t need to be include, because it was a little on the nose, but obviously it may not of gone far enough. This movie has more depth than what originally came across. I like it even more now. Thanks Blankall and Cecil!
badradio is offline   Reply With Quote