View Single Post
Old 03-18-2019, 06:40 PM   #46
redforever
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagofpucks View Post
Hi All,

Hoping to find some recommendations for security systems, both self and third party monitored for an acreage. I know we have a fair amount of acreage folks on the site, so hoping to learn from your experiences as I’m doing my own reasearch too.

Thanks in advance!
My place had an attempted breakin. In retrospect, the RCMP we were pretty sure we were being cased as we had been getting phone calls at all times of the day and night.

We have an alarm system and motion lights installed. One of the alarms is mounted under our front deck which blares all through the valley. The RCMP said we did the right thing with the alarms and motion sensors as in the country, response is basically non-existent unless physical harm and the like is experienced. You want to make enough noise that they want to vacate the premises as quickly as possible.

They never recommended leaving gates locked at the end of your driveway UNLESS you lock them all the time. If you only lock them when you go away, that just alerts potential criminals that you are not at home.

Basically the same thing for locking all your out-buildings like shops and barns and the like. You will probably get more damage if they break into those buildings than if they can just open them up and see what they want.
redforever is offline   Reply With Quote