View Single Post
Old 07-14-2019, 06:53 PM   #987
Deegee
First Line Centre

Exp:

I find Sonny Kiss to be horribly unbelievable in the ring and terrible. I get the gimmick they are going for, but it doesn't come across as real at all with his moves being more for show and on the furthest possible end of the spectrum from stiff as possible. Maybe that's the point, but it doesn't work for me.

The ladies tag match was decent, and I think showed that Bea Priestley has some promise. Unfortunately, it was filled with some botches including a hot tag to the wrong partner by the dentist lady. I thought it looked really poor for an organization that wants to be seen as on par with WWE.

Mr Tito is correct about how they are currently mixing the talent.

They should be using the following for their top tier talent for the top belt and fueds:

Cody
Jericho (tremendous at delivering promos)
Kenny
MJF
Mox

I'd have the belt on MJF or Jericho and have the faces chase it. I don't know know if CIMA is there part time or full time, but you could likely add him to the above mix if he had someone to cut promos for him (I'm assuming he can't cut any).

MJF is actually already one of my favorites from either promotion, and my poor wife who is usually editing photos while I watch wrestling actually recognizes him from the first show and says he is awesome at working the crowd. His twitter feed is classic, too.

Not a fan of Page at all, but the AEW work is all I have seen him in so far.

Highlight of the night and what should have been the final match of the night was easily Kenny and CIMA for me, which I felt was match of the night, even if it started slow. I have enjoyed his matches so far, so I do disagree a little with Tito's assessment of Kenny. Honestly could have done without the main event of Brotherhood and Young Bucks. I was exhausted at this point and really didn't care about the match. I don't think this was the type of match that worked for the Young Bucks, either. Felt the show was a bit too long. I'm not sure why the need is there to have PPVs be so long. That's one of what's wrong with the WWE right now, and it was an issue with last night's show.

I don't like their announcing team either. Don't know who is calling the action, is it JR or Excalibur? Needs to be one or the other and I'd like to see a heel added to the mix.

I do think it's harder to build emotion and get viewers invested when you don't have a regular show on the air to build a story line. I'm not going to be tuning into YouTube for that, sorry. It will be interesting to see how they do with a regular show. I hope they can get it together and push the WWE product to be better.

Last edited by Deegee; 07-14-2019 at 07:04 PM.
Deegee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Deegee For This Useful Post: