View Single Post
Old 03-15-2019, 10:22 AM   #2037
Classic_Sniper
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaikorven View Post
I don't know if I have seen anyone post their thoughts/opinions on what seems to have put Rittich in his slump?

I know the thread is about Smith, but it seems to be more about Calgary goaltending overall. Cheers and thanks.
Rittich's confidence right now is pretty low from the looks of it. He doesn't seem to have that swagger that he had in the first half of the season when he was looking like one of the best goaltenders in the league. He really hasn't looked the same since that 1st period pull vs San Jose.

But even then, I don't think he's been that bad either. The numbers look worse than how he's performed in my opinion. He doesn't look like BSD right now, but a lot of the goals he's giving up are on breakaways, screened shots and odd man rushes right now, so those tend to be hit or miss anyway. I would be more concerned if he was giving up deflating stinkers on a regular basis. But until that happens, I will remain confident in his ability especially if the team plays less erratic in their own end.
Classic_Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Classic_Sniper For This Useful Post: