Thread: Neal scatched
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2019, 06:43 PM   #45
JT96912
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingred89 View Post
I think there is a lot more to this story than just an aging player who lost a step. For a 40 goal scorer who’s supposed to be a beast in the playoffs, why is he on his 5th team in 9 years? His stats the last 5 years have been fairly pedestrian. I’m thinking he’s a player who benefitted from some good line mates in Pittsburgh and has worn out his welcome everywhere else. He’s basically David Clarkson at this point. Hopefully the Flames can get out of this contract just like the Leafs with Clarkson.
I made this argument earlier in the season and many disagreed with me. Back in the day he was very much like a Chucky type player with great linemates. Why Tre brought him in is baffling to me. Nashville wouldn't pay him. Vegas wouldn't pay him. Why did we?

Personally, I never liked the player and I hated the signing. With him arguing with Smith early in the season and having words with Peters now, he appears to be a bad guy to have in the locker room. I honestly think we would of had at least 10 more points during the regular season with a competent player in his spot. I hope he isn't here next season but his value has to be negative at this point. I doubt anyone will want him.
JT96912 is offline   Reply With Quote