View Single Post
Old 05-18-2018, 11:39 AM   #1310
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
Yeah Biggio apparently made some swing changes and it's paid off big time. Hopefully he can keep it up because he is having a tremendous year. His OPS and wRC+ are neck and neck with Vlad's so far, but with him being 3 years older people are understandably hesitant to take him seriously.

If Biggio keeps it up I could see them shuffling him over to 1B and giving him a shot as well. There are also many who don't think Vlad's glove will play at 3B in the majors, and if not he will likely end up as a 1B long term. Time will tell.
Yeah, apparently he's loading his hands lower and that's getting him some more bat speed (and he's kept his patience so pitchers can't throw him junk and expect he'll swing through it). He plays a good 2nd base from what I've heard so it'd be a waste to put him at 1B. I figure Bichette ends up at 3rd base as well. If they're here next year then they can cut Morales move Smoak to DH and fit everyone in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
Pearson getting hurt really blows, but Borucki has come on in his last few starts and SRF is having a good year so hopefully there is something there to build with.
SRF is having a great year, Plus they've got Romero and Zuech (who I figure is more likely a #4/#5 guy) up at AA . The Jays have arms in the system... It's just that you can't really bank on any of them being #1 or #2 guys.
Parallex is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Parallex For This Useful Post: