View Single Post
Old 05-18-2018, 11:27 AM   #1307
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallex View Post
Yeah but Vlad could be in MLB today (as a hitter) so I don't think it's to much of a stretch to think Bichette will be ready in a year. Heck I wonder if Cavan Biggio has a shot, I mean... technically he's hitting better then Vlad with a 1.148OPS to Vlad's 1.137 (not a situation I expect to continue but still).
Yeah Biggio apparently made some swing changes and it's paid off big time. Hopefully he can keep it up because he is having a tremendous year. His OPS and wRC+ are neck and neck with Vlad's so far, but with him being 3 years older people are understandably hesitant to take him seriously.

OF - Pillar, Grichuk, Hernandez, Alford, Pompey, Smith Jr
IF - Tulo, Solarte, Diaz, Guerrero, Travis, Bichette, Gurriel
1B - Smoak
C - Martin, Jansen, Maile
DH - Morales (Yikes I hope they get rid of him soon)

If Biggio keeps it up I could see them shuffling him over to 1B and giving him a shot as well. There are also many who don't think Vlad's glove will play at 3B in the majors, and if not he will likely end up as a 1B long term. Time will tell.

I don't even want to make a list of pieces to build the rotation from haha. Talk about depressing. Pearson getting hurt really blows, but Borucki has come on in his last few starts and SRF is having a good year so hopefully there is something there to build with.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote