View Single Post
Old 01-31-2024, 11:15 AM   #497
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
That second tweet with the tracking of the vacuum is hilarious. I wonder if it would aid or amplify arguments.

"Apple says your cleaning is streaky as ####! How can you try and argue you did a good job?"
YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH THE DATA, DIANE.

Funny enough after I retweeted that, a friend of mine reached out to say his team actually made that video. It's a proof of concept and they did it by taping a Quest Pro controller to the vacuum for tracking. Technically we're pretty close to being able to do this now with AI vision getting so good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
The Vision Pro seems to do some neat things, but not nearly enough to justify such an insane price tag. And there are some really significant drawbacks too, like the baffling decision to make the battery external

Gah. This seems to confirm most of my concerns. As he says at the end, Goggle VR/AR might just not be it. When the PSVR came out I became a massive VR fanboy, assuming the problems we were seeing would be solved with some tech upgrades. Coming up on a decade later and some very impressive tech advances, and we're still dealing with nausea and fuzzy edges. When they announced the price I was shocked, but figured if they solve all the issues it might make sense. Doesn't seem like they solved the issues though. As good as anyone has done so far, but things remain unsolved.

My biggest question for any of these non-gaming things is can it be worn comfortably for portions of a work day... and it seems like the answer is still that you'd have to be an actual freak to do it.

The movie stuff sounds very cool, and if I was a frequent flyer or stuck in a tiny Japanese apartment or dorm room for a lot of the time, it'd be a no brainer. Those are odd use cases though.

Last edited by Russic; 01-31-2024 at 11:50 AM.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Russic For This Useful Post: