Thread: Weird Scam
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2022, 07:52 AM   #14
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
I've had funds from an ebay sale taken back. All I got was a message stating that the payment was fraudulent. They'd somehow hacked an existing account with over 100 positive ratings too.

All they told me was there was fraud. No way to dispute it.
Did you lose the item you shipped too? That seems like it should be on eBay if you did.

eBay is pretty crappy on buyers I learned. I had sold a fairly new excellent condition Xbox in an auction. Sent it to him. Then we got it, he claimed it wasn’t working and was overshot something and I knew it was good since my kid had playing on it regularly. Even though my auction said no returns, eBay requires sellers to pay for return shipping and accept returns if the buyer simply claims not as advertised.

I got the Xbox back and it reeked of cigarette smoke, had sticker residue all over and wouldn’t power on. Luckily I had accidentally taken a picture of the serial number and could prove to eBay that they sent me something different and eBay did give me all my money back and I didn’t have to ship the bad Xbox back

I looked up his address and he runs a pawn shop. I assume his scam is pay like $10 for inoperable Xboxes. Buy good ones on ebay, return the bad ones and sell the good ones. The guy had a perfect rating with 1000s of selling reviews. But apparently you can’t leave bad buyer feedback. The big lesson is always take pic of serial number.
nfotiu is offline   Reply With Quote