View Single Post
Old 09-20-2017, 12:25 PM   #83
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadal Fan View Post
I actually remember enjoying it when I watched it, but heard both Mcconaughey & Zellweger tried to stop the film from being released on DVD once they became big stars.
I enjoyed that movie as well. I also liked part 3 with Viggo Mortensen. 1 and 2 are still the best though, and the 2003 remake was decent.

Watched the trailer recently for the upcoming Leatherface movie. Looks pretty average in my opinion. Personally I don't have much interest in an origin story at this point. As a character, Leatherface is much scarier when you don't know anything about him other than the fact that he's a deranged nutjob. Rob Zombie tried to do the same thing with Michael Myers in his 2007 remake, and although I enjoyed that movie, I felt it kind of removed the mystery surrounding the character. It was a more violent and bloody film, but it wasn't as frightening or disturbing as Carpenter's original.

I think they need to either put Texas Chainsaw to bed for good, or find a new and fresh take on the franchise. Origin stories are overdone these days.

Last edited by direwolf; 09-20-2017 at 01:51 PM.
direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote