View Single Post
Old 12-18-2020, 12:45 PM   #18
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift View Post
What is the benefit of this? I have to say it's never popped into my head once as something I would consider getting done.

Presumably you guys are a bit older (50s?) Wouldn't your wives be close to being naturally done already? Or have you all got younger models?
The benefit if you are married is no more risk of unintentional pregnancy and your wife doesn't have to take hormone altering pills or keep an irritating IUD in their uterus. Condoms are riskier than these methods of contraception due to user error/failure of the materials.

I'm 40 and my wife is 35, we decided we were done having kids and this is the best way to ensure nothing happens by accident. My brother had a 3rd kid unintentionally, and while he doesn't regret having his third kid, he does regret not getting his vasectomy sooner. To be fair, he doesn't make a ton of money so it puts more strain on his finances. I have a buddy who did it recently and he just turned 36. You'd be surprised how many married men do it once they've had their kids.

You assumed we were all in our 50's (good lord), so I hope this changes your perspective a little. I won't tell you what I assume your age to be.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post: