View Single Post
Old 06-04-2019, 03:55 PM   #433
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X4 View Post
I don't know if you get QR77 out there (Fonz), but you can download podcasts from Danielle Smith's shows. She's extremely interested in the SOLUTIONS to climate change and has very interesting guests on all the time. Today she interviewed the head of (can't remember the department name) from U of C, and they're working on nano carbon fibre. It is stronger than steel, though not necessarily a replacement in all areas, and it uses CO2 and methane emissions to make it. Basically, the hope is that the waste from certain industries would become the raw materials for new kinds of manufacturing.

She has super interesting segments like this all the time, and it paints a much different picture than DOOM!!! Humans are pretty creative, and I would not be surprised if advancements along these lines end up being the key to balancing the emissions problem that nobody is denying we have. It's just that the solutions is not to just go back to mud huts and turn off the lights. The solutions will be in the form of technology.
Ya, a few of her guests are full of #### though, and she just agrees with them. I think I posted about one of them a week ago. Highly misleading. She's almost to agreeable to be a good interviewer.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote