View Single Post
Old 11-22-2006, 09:28 AM   #85
Bobblehead
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaolinFlame View Post
you can download suppression songs? thats interesting never heard of it, but if you got like 40 bucks u can grab noise suppression headphones that (i imagine) would work better than a track as they can adjust to spcific tones and cancel them out (albeit nowhere near as well as the gazillion dollar bose super headphones i want oh so badly). i have the sony ones, and they work pretty good, can drown out the bus and light muffled conversation, airplane, etc, but i would be interested to try out this white noise.
Actually, I have A pair of Phillips active noise reduction headphones. They definitely cut some of the ambient sound out. Better would be some isolation canalphones, but much of the time I need to be available to answer questions (or hear the phone ringing), so those aren't practical.

And everything I've read says Bose, while pretty good products, grossly overcharge and you should be able to find better products for the same price.
—Daniel J. Boorstin, historian, former Librarian of Congress
"But the Senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity"
—WKRP in Cincinatti
Bobblehead is offline   Reply With Quote