View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 01:08 PM   #182
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOfan View Post
What does two more years get him at Sam's percentage cap hit? Reasonably strong argument to be made that he's not going to turn into much more than what he is now. Further, the team would hold the hammer with regards to negotiating yet another contract in two years.

Again, if he's smart, he understands his career is short and should be looking to get +/- 10 million under his belt. There are no guarantees he's in a better negotiating spot in those two years from now. I'd say it's unlikely.
Well 4.4 to 4.7 million over the next two years isn't exactly nothing. Being a 25 year old with one more RFA year leftin July 2021 and over 10 million in the career earnings is hardly being in a bad position. He should still have 5 more years left at least come that time.

If he's worried he'll be out of the league in 4 years type of thing...than that is a player you do walk away from. I would hope he has enough belief in himself to think he's got at least 10 more years to play in this league and that he will be worth more in 2 years than he is today.