View Single Post
Old 03-05-2023, 05:42 PM   #1478
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_phaneuf View Post
The best part about if poch comes back, is that it would only really need 2 big expenditures this summer to have a team that can compete, which is also why keeping 4th is important because a huge reload isnt necessary

His formation the 4231/433 has fits in this current squad and depth

Theres cover up top across the front 3
CM has 5 guys that can start
I think Gil could be a backup CAM, also on RW
Fullbacks already have udogie/sess and porro/royal

Need a starting quality CAM
Need a partner for Romero at CB

Would like a keeper, but the other 2 take priority
Honestly, there’s no reason they couldn’t get all there though. They’ve got to be working on a keeper and CB, no matter whether it’s Conte or anyone else. If we look back at the past 7-8 years, managers have made due with Dier/Davies and then I think a year or two later (2016?) we added Sanchez. I don’t think I need to remind any Spurs follower of their track record, but I’ll just say that never replacing Alderweireld and Vertonghen is unbelievable. No matter who the manager is, they’ve got to be demanding at least one CB.

And a CAM must be in the radar as well. I do worry that we’ve wait too long and a larger retooling will be needed though. I love Son, but he’s not looked good this season, and I wonder if he’ll get it back. On the weekend we resorted to bringing on Moura, and he’s confirmed as leaving this summer. I don’t know why we loan out Gil in that scenario…but here we are.

But playing 4-2-3-1 would be great for guys like Gil and maybe Spence. It would be good to see some of these guys come around and create some competition in the squad, or give us enough good players to play decent teams in the cups.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote