View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 09:53 PM   #10
Backlund22
Draft Pick

I remember being in junior high watching him play for Vasteras hoping we would draft him. He got injured the year of the draft and fell a bit in the draft order. Lone and behold he was still on the board when the flames were up and I said “please draft this guy”. They did and I continued to follow him in Kelowna and once he got to the NHL he wasn’t panning out like some hoped. I remember constantly defending him against my friends that thought he was a bust. I knew he just needed a little more confidence and look has what happened since. I’ll never forget that goal against Anaheim in the playoffs and watching him don the “C” for Sweden. One time I was at a fan appreciation game and he was one of the three stars and he threw me his stick. Some guy also caught it and ripped it out of my hands and spilt his beer all over me. Hopefully one day I can get his autograph. A Sweden jersey with the “C” would be so nasty. Glad he’s been with us this whole time. BACKLUND YAAAAA (WJC goal if anyone gets the reference, every time he scores I yell that ahahah)

Last edited by Backlund22; 03-14-2019 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Spelling
Backlund22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Backlund22 For This Useful Post: