View Single Post
Old 03-11-2019, 10:49 AM   #11
Rhettzky
Franchise Player

Exp:

I really enjoyed it. Interesting characters and a solid story overall. It was great to see Fury's beginnings (and the de-aging was actually really well done), Coulson as a rookie, and Danvers figuring out her powers. The action scene's were done well and looked great in IMAX. If I had to rank it, it would sit around Dr. Strange and Ant-man with a 7 to 8 out of 10. Overall it was just a really fun and nostalgic origin story.

My only gripe... Going into it I read a non-spoilery review about how this should have been two seperate films and at the time I didn't see how that could be possible. But after watching it I would say my biggest gripe was that I wanted to learn more about her origin story. It felt really crammed in and I guess in a way this had elements of a Danvers origin story, the plane crash and what had happened in the 6 years in between, the Fury/Coulson origins, the skrull and kree conflict, and then Captain Marvel figuring out her true power. There was just a lot going on and for a character like Thor, for instance, this arc would have been over 3 movies (Origin, Character building, Finds his true power), not that I didn't enjoy it as there was little to no filler.

Also...

Spoiler!