View Single Post
Old 01-14-2019, 10:51 AM   #11
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:
Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadal Fan View Post
I'll be surprised if Captain Marvel doesn't hit $500 mill in North America to be honest. First female MCU led film, has little competition for weeks, ties directly into End-game and MCU is super hot right now.

Aquaman actually finishes in the #2 slot this weekend as The Upside pulled the upset and finished #1. Next week Glass comes out and even with low reviews it should still finish comfortably at #1 and unfortunately take away a lot of screens for Aquaman.
I'd be very surprised if CM hits $500 million. They seem to be basing the estimates entirely on pre-sales and comparing those to BP and IW. The problem is that BP was only estimated to open at $90 million based on its pre-sales. It opened at $202 million. Drawing analogies to other superhero movies based on BP's performance is inherently flawed.

I'd say a better comparable for CM is Doctor Strange. It will probably be do better than that. But at $500 million domestic, you're looking at an east 1 billion internationally. I can't see much more than $800 million for CM. So maybe $300-$350 million domestic.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote