View Single Post
Old 08-24-2019, 03:08 PM   #1
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Its about time to re-think penalties for illegal guns

After a friends son got off with probation for selling an illegal handgun I was stunned, I was wishing he would do a couple of years in hope of getting his life in order, makes no wonder kids today could care less if they get caught as long as they don't have a previous offense they get nothing.

Calgary has 50+ shootings so far this year, Toronto has almost 300 and it's getting worst.

Brisbane, Australia saw gang crimes involving guns go up a few years ago so they passed their own minimum penalties for gun crimes.

* If convicted of trafficking illegal firearms you will serve a mandatory minimum term of five years in jail.

* If convicted of supplying illegal firearms you will serve a mandatory minimum term of three years in jail.

* If convicted of possessing an illegal firearm you will serve a mandatory minimum term of one year in jail

Since our judges are butter soft we need to have it cut and dry on minimum sentences. how many of these gang banger's would take a chance on selling guns looking at 5 years first offence? my guess would be a whole lot less than now
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Snuffleupagus For This Useful Post: