View Single Post
Old 08-21-2019, 11:45 PM   #30
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beninho View Post
The Avs top line took our top 3 lines to the cleaners is what happened. They played with speed the flames played like they have never been there before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's momentum for you. Easy to push back when there isn't much of it. Once its built up, you just get run right over. Unfortunately the flames allowed them to build 5 or 6 solid periods following game 1 to allow the avs confidence to bubble over, at that point it was series over.

Part of swinging momentum back is not allowing the other team to have more than a couple periods of running the show at a time and also being able to hit reset entirely, forget the circumstances and play your best hockey. That's a skill in itself that takes building.

The flames are streaky as a team. They can go on a run but when they get their show run by one team the top players allow it to get into their psyche. I think weve seen that for years with Anahein, and the bad year and a half they had vs the Oilers, as well as those game against the Canucks where they couldn't break through. Irritated me when they'd talk about the curse and past games excessively with the players. It just gives them a mental excuse to call it quits if things start to go sideways. They're going to have to learn to tune out those storylines and hone in on their game when the teams needs it most.

Feels like experience is the best teacher at this point.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote