View Single Post
Old 01-19-2022, 07:51 PM   #795
timun
First Line Centre

Exp:

Well according to the article STD is the most watched show on Paramount+, so... I guess that's justification enough. Going back to some of the commentary on the last 1-2 pages, it's pretty sad that STD gets a fifth season and Enterprise didn't. They did that show dirty. I rewatched some of it in the last few months and it really wasn't bad at all (I definitely rate it higher than Voyager ).

I can see why the ratings kind of fell off a cliff in the first season, with the deeply uninteresting "Temporal Cold War" arc weaving its way through the season. I think it left the audience with a kind of incredulous feeling of "WTF?" without being anywhere near as engrossing as, say, Lost, which premiered in Enterprise's third season.

The season 3 Xindi arc was where it really fell off the rails for me; it never made any narrative sense that they would introduce a new big baddie that we'd never heard of before in the chronology of the show. They should have spent that time making the Romulans more malevolent, like the season 4 arc about the remote-piloted "holo-ship".
timun is offline   Reply With Quote