View Single Post
Old 03-13-2021, 11:42 AM   #31
Ahuch
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
Very glad we bought our detached house last year. We got a great deal at 40k below asking, no chance of that happening now. I'm keeping track of listings in our neighborhood on realtor.ca just out of curiosity and similar houses are now being consistently listed 50-100k above what we paid. I had a condo in Chestermere that was too small already with a wife and 2 kids, then the pandemic just exasperated that. I had originally wanted to sell it right away just to be rid of it, but there just weren't any buyers at that time. That might turn out to be a blessing now, as I'm seeing listings in that building keep rising in price

EDIT: Question for those more knowledgeable. We have tenants in our condo that signed a 1-year lease in January, would I have any option to sell the place later this summer, or will I have to wait until the lease is up?
You can sell it... but either the new owners would have to assume the lease, or find a way to negotiate with your tenants (e.g. giving them money, or paying for their move etc)
Ahuch is offline   Reply With Quote