View Single Post
Old 03-21-2019, 09:48 AM   #57
Canadianman
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I'm not sure what the argument was in pointing out that the participants in the study I linked were obese. It was a weight loss study.

Anyways, aside from studies, all I have is my anecdotal evidence.

I've lost 50 lbs. I have an uncle who has lost over 60. I also have had a few friends/family members try it and not be able to keep it up. It definitely isn't a magic pill. It still works on the same principles as a normal diet. You eat fewer calories than you use. Keto just helps me eat less because I am not eating 'empty carbs'. I can eat steak and broccoli/cauliflower/asparagus for supper and be full until lunch or supper the next day. It is the level of satiety that helped me lose weight, because I don't eat nearly as often as I used to.

I had blood panels taken before I started, and after I finished my 'strict keto' phase. Every single metric improved, some incredibly so. I ended up getting a panel done about 3 weeks into strict keto and it did show that my bad cholesterol had increased a little bit, but my doctor told me that it is normal and would return to normal (and then go down further) in the next few weeks.
Canadianman is offline   Reply With Quote