View Single Post
Old 03-20-2019, 11:34 AM   #51
Hot_Flatus
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnarpy View Post
Im sorry I’m not going to get to much into this but this statement has been refuted many times over. There’s quite a difference from Keto in the 1930’s from Keto today. Like I said before, Keto is great if managed properly. But usually this is true in most diets.
This is a diet plan that was developed for cancer patients, epileptics and those who are morbidly obese as a way to rapidly adapt to a lifestyle change, is in no way sustainable and is extremely unhealthy for the general, active population. The diet itself actually causes lethargy as a major side effect, which in itself is extremely problematic to ones health and fitness. It is also quite dangerous for anyone who is active as it prohibits muscular regeneration leading to increased injury in sport.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/stayi...-the-keto-diet

Unless you are being properly monitored and following an extremely diligent regimen, the average active person shouldn't be putting their bodies at risk via ketosis. Doing so is actually altering your blood/insulin levels and putting your organs at risk and is in no way sustainable over a long term.

You can argue this all day but the reality is that sustainable health and fitness is achieved through consuming a regular , balanced diet and scheduled, repeated exercise.

Last edited by Hot_Flatus; 03-20-2019 at 11:39 AM.
Hot_Flatus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hot_Flatus For This Useful Post: