Thread: Breaking Bad
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 05:22 PM   #36
Ziggy Lidstrom
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

The show is my favorite and I'm addicted like a meth head in a meth den. I went to an anonymous site where they had all the episodes, so i recently caught up to the latest epi.

This is such a complex and dark show for indeed people do end up despising the most morally reputable while sympathizing with 'cookers, gangsters, feds et. al'. It reminds me of Roshkalnikov from crime and punishment.

Anyway, if you haven't seen the show you must go to any length to catch up as soon as you can!

Black11, I agree with your assesment of Hank to a point. I think the only thing lacking in scope of your post was his need to strengthen his ego once again. This could be the case since he left his gun in the jeep. He seemed like an emotional wreck after the Tortuga incident. Did you see the cartel take his head though??? RaW!!! Poor walt has some real bamf after his pale heisenberg bald head.

On a side note, did anybody notice that one of the bad-asses that Hank beat up was Keith the Dean of Mean Jardine? Pretty funny.

Re: SKyler, does anyone think that she is just moving on and since walt has played his hand this way she is expediting her feelings of divorce? She is entitled to a divorce but Walt is playing greasy hardball on account of Saul goodman. I can appreciate what Skyler did by offering to keep Walt's secret life between them, but I am jaded about the recent affair. I think she should just divorce him but allow joint custody of the children. The ted thing bugs me. I also think skyler may be showing walt what it feels like to 'act normal' for your family while possessing a dark secret. Perhaps she is having this affair to 'even the score' moralistically? I think she is totally moving on.

The plot and the characters' arcs are profoundly complex that I feel it gives you what shows like weeds and sons of anarchy give you. This one is a special story of a highly relatable individual who broaches very human issues ie: cancer, financial difficulties, health-care criticisms, disabled children et al.