View Single Post
Old 04-17-2017, 11:59 PM   #418
sa226
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

How many teams have given up leads in this playoffs? Ottawa did, Edmonton did, a few others that I can't remember.

Every team is so close. Every team is so good. Its easy for us to say, "Well, they should have held the lead!" "Well, they should have killed the penalty!" Oplosing teams just don't roll over this time of year. You know the ducks are going to pounce on any opportunity, because thats what playoff teams do. Maybe it was the late goal in the 2nd that gave them life, but what looked like a pretty illegal high stick and a chincy call on Hamilton to decide game 2, you can't blame fans for being frustrated with things.

Full stop Elliott has to be better. Every other team seems to be getting heroics, but Elliott went full Hiller in game 3.

In 2015 I wasn't even mad. We didn't even belong there. I feel like this could be a 2-1 series for the Flames. They have played well enough for that. Can't blame people for venting.

As far as penalties go, did the Flames play a clean game? Nope. But were the infractions largely lopsided towards the Ducks? I would say so, especially late in the game.

Only issue I have with the refs tonight was their on ice call for the high stick goal.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
sa226 is offline   Reply With Quote