Thread: Shaw Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2021, 10:05 AM   #1120
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

I updated my Shaw TV and Internet package last... February? I went to Internet 300. There was some issues with the install and the Shaw rep gave me two free movie rentals. That was nice. I really wasn't complaining, I just wanted to get internet working, so getting two free movie rentals made me happy. He told me I just rent a movie and I won't get charged for it. Expiration? Nope! Sweet! That was a lie. It must have been a 30 day limit on that because at least a little over a month later as we were in lockdown I rented a couple of movies and they were charged to my account. I called but they had no proof of me ever having free rentals, but thanks for choosing Shaw!

Anyway. One week before lockdown I had an issue with my Internet modem. I can't remember what it was, but I was able to run to the Shaw store here in Lethbridge and swap it for a new one. There was, once again, an issue with the modem activating. Tech support got me through that and they upgraded me to Internet 600 for the same price I was paying for 300. I don't think they actually did that though. My speeds don't indicate that I'm on 600, nor 300 for that matter. I tell them a speed test maxes out at 150 and they said, well you don't need to have a speed of 300 or 600 so it won't go that high, but when you have several devices on your network all using Internet at the same time you won't have any latency or network slowness. The latter part is true but a speed test should still hit the high limit you have or come very close. They didn't seem to want to look into the issue to ensure that what was configured matched what I'm supposed to get. I gave up and resolved to switch to Telus when it's time to renew.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote