View Single Post
Old 07-13-2017, 06:04 PM   #110
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Duchene situation is very bizarre but the fact the Flames are mentioned is a little exciting.

Hard to believe Sakic turned down Hamonic and a 1st. It is safe to assume he also turned down 2 1sts and 2 2nds as that is a combination of the Islanders initial offer and what we paid to get Hamonic. People expect the return to be even bigger but there is a legit chance that ship has sailed.

It is known that Treliving is in on everything and the Flames are certainly all-in moving forward. Treliving typically comes out as the initial winner on most trades which is a positive. The Avs need D and the Flames have a great pipeline and solid current blueline. I could move as many as 2 of our top 4 D prospects to land him.

Lastly there has been a weird love for mediocre ex-flames from the Avs organization for sometime. Iginla, Tanguay, Bourque, Comeau, Colborne are all recent off the top of my head. This is a long shot but maybe the Avs value a flames prospect or player higher than most other teams would?

The hardest thing for me is finding a deal that works. Unless the Flames can dump Stajan off on another team I don't see a lot of bigger dollar contracts they would move for Duchene. As discussed Brouwer has a NTC and the Avs would be on it and likely he would be impossible to move as a cap dump (considering the Flames can't spare picks in a deal) bit leads to believe Frolik could be a contract the Flames send the other way.

How does Frolik+Kylington work?
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote