View Single Post
Old 05-09-2021, 07:47 AM   #11916
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComixZone View Post
Yeah, I’ve had similar thoughts.

Sutter stating over and over that this team doesn’t have the talent is an oddly accurate, and damning condemnation of the team Treliving has spent 7 years building.

I wonder what Tree thinks when Sutter is openly out there almost every post game saying this team doesn’t have the skill to score at a high level in this league and that they need to play a specific (defensive) way to find any success.

The more this season plays out, and the more I look at the prospect pool…Treliving can’t get far enough away from this organization quick enough for me.

Yet, I still think he’ll continue to be employed and we’ll likely see some more futures leveraged this summer.

You are pissed at Treliving when the focus should be on the players. Are you someone who has been saying for several years that Gaudreau, Monahan, Tkachuk are just not good enough and a tier below other teams top stars?

There is definitely a gap when seeing 3 years of missed 2nds and the missed 1st in 2018 but this is still a better prospect pool than the team has from 05-11.

The reason this rebuild failed is because the top players peaked and regressed instead of moving the team forward. This organization looks bad today because Monahan fell from 1B C on most teams in the league to likely a 3rd line C on a contending team now. Johnny was looking like a franchise player early in his career and when he scored 99pts he spent large chunks of that season pacing for over 120. He has also regressed in his points per game over the last 2 years. Tkachuk at 21 hits 34 goals and 76pts and he also regressed 2 straight years.

I know people will blame Treliving for this but it comes down to the top players just not being good enough and they had him and many of us fooled. End of the day he is responsible but on my opinion the blame falls on the core of this team
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vinny01 For This Useful Post: