View Single Post
Old 05-08-2021, 08:04 PM   #11902
Classic_Sniper
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOfan View Post
Well, I think the shoe was on the other foot. I don’t think the timing was Treliving’s choice, I think it was Sutter’s choice. he came back when he was ready. The Flames reportedly has been talking with him since as far back as Peters left the organization. The 3-4 week period after the 2020 season when the Flames had not announced who the coach was going to be also speaks to this, they wanted Sutter then. He definitely had kept a close eye on the team, I would bet. It was a slow burn and I bet he thought carefully about it. The timing and reasons were/are his decisions.
So why does Sutter decide to come this year out of all the years? And as you say, in a season that was likely a lost cause. This was the worst position the Flames have been in over the last 7 years. His decision making, his behavior and everything that he has said leads me to believe that he came in here expecting to save the season, not just to see what he has to work with next year. Heck, he’s ridden Jacob Markstrom like he’s trying to win every game. He has scratched and benched a lot of young players like he’s trying to get the best line up in every night rather than investing into the future.