View Single Post
Old 10-29-2019, 03:10 PM   #2468
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffporfirio View Post
Looking for a recommendation for a painter from the CP brain trust.

We just had floors installed through the house, and looking to paint the baseboards and doors. Its a 2,600 sq ft home, and the one quote I have is for $6,000, which I find excessive.

Thanks
I was looking into something like this too. I was literally told to go to somewhere like Timber town and get a quote for base boards/trim for the entirety of my new place and compare it with the cost to repaint all the trim/baseboards. I was told that it might be cheaper and I even upgrade the old trim if going this route. This argument isn't the same if you are willing to paint your own baseboards though.

Apparently the labour required to paint base boards/trim is ridiculous/PITA. You're possibly better off buying new baseboards that are sprayed vs paying someone to hand painting baseboards.

Another way to save money is to help out with certain aspects near the beginning. Globbing spackle on holes and allowing it to dry before the painter shows up the first time to sand it down/spackle a second layer is also helpful. Removal of plates for light switches, power outlets, moving furniture, taping down protective plastic is also perhaps helpful. Why pay a contractor/painter their hourly rate to do something mundane and not requiring a significant amount of expertise? Pay them only to fulfill their expertise.
DoubleF is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DoubleF For This Useful Post: