View Single Post
Old 05-21-2018, 05:35 PM   #1128
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Except we were not talking about debating his opinion and effectively getting him to retract or stop talking, which we all know he won't do nor should he. There is room for a differing opinion, isn't there? Oh right, not in this case. Here we need to muzzle those we disagree with because they are supposedly oppressing others with their 'hate speech.'

We were talking about shutting him up which is what the UoT tried to do, isn't it? In fact if you do a google search you see that a lot of the people who agree with the gender pronoun idea also want to censor Peterson. Crazy isn't it, that not only do they want to force speech, but then they want to restrict it as well when it serves their purpose. Restricting or forcing speech, ESPECIALLY in an academic setting is fascist. They are effectively trying to control or mandate their own viewpoint by telling people what they can say or do.

As for the second part, I never said that progress hasn't been made, or that effort shouldn't be put in to level the playing field. I am saying that the conclusions being jumped to by New Era make no sense. Just like the gender wage gap, there are a lot more 'facts' at play than just the ones that are easily interpreted.

I have zero problem with encouraging more girls to get into STEM fields. I also have no problem with trying to get more women into higher level positions being in the corporate world or in politics. I do have a problem with people who think those same efforts shouldn't be made for boys.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote