View Single Post
Old 12-14-2019, 11:05 PM   #687
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

When they threw away the Legends EU, they threw away some incredible writers, and the new EU just isn't as good or intriguing or Legends. That's not to say that the Legends was perfect, there were lots of terrible books and comics. But they had some great story lines.

On a side note you can't tell me that they didn't rip off the concept of a fallen skywalker from the Legacy of the Force series where um Han and Leia's son Jacen fell to the Darkside and became Darth Caedus, and that Han and Leia's daughter Jaina who was called the Sword of the Jedi ended up killing him. As well Luke's son errrrr Ben Skywalker comes dangerously close to becoming Jacen's apprentice.

They have similar story lines, in that Jacen uses Ben to betray the Supreme Chanceller of the Republic and steps in to basically become the new Supreme Leader.

In the Legends EU they bought Palpatine back using clones and his spirit and he amassed a massive fleet at Byss to retake the republic.

Its funny, i used to buy a lot of Star Wars books, but I've pretty much stopped I picked up the Thrawn trilogy that wasn't bad, but was so boring at times that I almost stopped, I read the Aftermath books and they were ok, but again not that exciting. I read the laughably bad Sith Lords book that had Vader and Palpatine crash on a planet and then get into a buddy cop style adventure.

BTW, I agree they could really modify the Rogue Squadron books, they were good. But after this movie, I'd like Star Wars to go on a loooong movie break, and maybe go back and do something either not related to the Force, or do some serious old republic stuff involving the founding of the Jedi and the first war between the dark and the Light side.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote