View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 06:40 PM   #46
flip
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

So I went to the Willow Park Scotch tasting and it was friggin fantastic. It was last Wednesday and when I showed up for work on Thursday afternoon my coworkers said I still reeked like booze. There were about 20 tables with 100 different kinds ranging from 10 year to 21 year (or so).

It was AMAZING.

Some highlights from what I remember:

Macallans and Glenfarchas were the two highlights for me. The cask strength Glenfarchas was great.

MaCallans and Glenfarchas are now my two scotches of choice.

Other brands:

Dalwinnie is ok, as was Balvenie and Glenlivet. Oban and Glenkinchie are alright too. Laguvalin is so smoky I HATED it. Glad I never wasted $70 on that crap (to each his own though).

There were a few others but I'll have to go home and check the pamphlet that I got because I can't remember them off the top of my head.

For $40 (i got them half price though) for probably 50 or so shots ( or half shots in some cases) it was totally worth it.

Me and my cousin left early because at about 830, it went until 9, when we realized we were dangerously close to being epically trashed. Last thing I remember is getting off at the wrong train station. Getting back on, then breaking the glass that I got (or stole can't remember). Either way I will be going again next year if they have it again as it was absolutely fabulous.

Great way to try a bunch of regular 10 and 12 years that I'd be willing to buy regularly and to know what 15 - 21 years that I'd buy on a special occassion.

Numerous brands that I'd never heard of that were pretty interesting, including the only Indian Scotch in the world. And a few Canadian ones.

I'll post more tomorrow when I have a chance to look at the pamphlet and try to match my hazy memory to what I like and what I didn't.
flip is offline   Reply With Quote