Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post
Whelp, need more competition.

https://kotaku.com/publishers-not-su...gdc-1851367132

Some Publishers Reportedly Not Sure Why They Should Keep Supporting Xbox

It seems some big and small publishers aren’t sure if they should keep porting games to Xbox consoles

Reportedly, some third-party video game publishers aren’t sure why they should keep making and supporting games for Xbox consoles due to poor sales in Europe.

“You can follow our monthly coverage in the games market and you can see that Xbox sales are falling, and it’s been falling throughout last year and it’s falling even harder this year.”

Dring further said that one major company—who reportedly released a “big game” last year—said: “I don’t know why we bothered supporting it.”

“We mentioned on the previous podcast that we’d heard retailers in Europe are considering or had already been cutting back their Xbox stock on their shelves—hardware, games, that kind of thing—and now you’ve got publishers, third-party publishers going, ‘we’re putting in a lot of effort trying to create a Series S version and an X version of a game when, to be honest with you, for us the market is PC and PS5’,” said Dring.

According to Dring, from what he heard at GDC 2024, Xbox is “in real trouble as a hardware manufacturer.”

https://twitter.com/user/status/1769991716952531360

It has definitely been a rough generation for XBOX in the hardware sales department. I know once I upgraded my PC I have played less on either console.

It will be interesting to see what happens with the next consoles, if rumors are even close to what XBOX has in store it could be a very intriguing choice for gamers. Sounds more and more like the next XBOX will be a console/PC hybrid with a real possibility of having third party(Epic/Steam) game stores on it along with a handheld that would play these games natively in the same vein of the SteamDeck.

But as of right now, the only thing XBOX has going for it is GamePass and the fact that they aren't releasing remakes on remakes.
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote