View Single Post
Old 03-11-2019, 11:34 AM   #13
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Cookin View Post
So the end credits scene I took to be taking place after Infinity War, due to Fury's prominently empty chair. But with the Tesseract vomited up, I guess not? The mid credit scene also seems to be fairly shortly after the end of Infinity War, but then Endgame seems to take place a while after? Guess I'll have to wait and see how it plays out.
I think the mid-credits is shortly after Infinity War. Maybe a couple days. End-credits was just a funny tag on, but if it matters at all I think it would have been shortly after the end of CM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhettzky View Post
My only gripe... Going into it I read a non-spoilery review about how this should have been two seperate films and at the time I didn't see how that could be possible. But after watching it I would say my biggest gripe was that I wanted to learn more about her origin story. It felt really crammed in...
My exact feelings. This character deserved a bit more pre-Endgame, but I get why they inserted this directly before: the introduction of the most powerful Avenger immediately before the biggest fight for the universe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglewood Jack View Post
I keep hearing about how uber OP Danvers is, and that Thanos is in big trouble, but why? from what we've been shown, her powers are flight, energy projection, super strength and super durability. so basically Iron Man with the volume turned up to 12.

the various members of the avengers team have bits and pieces of that power set, maybe not quite at the same level. but what good is that against a foe that can reshape the fabric of space and time on a universal scale? it's like fighting a tank with a 2 foot long tree branch and failing, and then whipping out a tree branch that's 4 feet long.

edit: also, CM's power is derived from a plane engine, which in turn is derived from a fraction of the tesseract's power. so she's using like a tiny piece of 3rd hand power from just a single stone, which now belongs to Thanos plus 5 other stones. so I'm assuming his defeat can't possibly happen while that glove is on his hand.
Well, the glove looked like it shattered after "the snap", so Thanos may not be able to harness all of the stones' power.

And to me Captain Marvel has been presented as Marvel's version of Superman, which would make her substantially more powerful than Iron Man and any other character in the MCU, including Thanos.

I'm not super familiar with the comics and on what level Titans are as beings, but Thanos was defeatable without the glove, as evidenced by Thor piercing his chest.

The really interesting part was Ronin's comment about "coming back for the weapon", meaning CM. Thanos would know of her and accounted for her abilities, so I'm guessing he has a plan to harness her for his own gain.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran

Last edited by Yamer; 03-11-2019 at 11:36 AM.
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yamer For This Useful Post: