View Single Post
Old 09-15-2019, 12:43 PM   #154
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeluxeMoustache View Post
^ are we now just naming pretty good players who aren’t the very fastest skaters?

Lots of those guys have never sniffed 100 points
I think this is all irrelevant to the point of the discussion:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleury View Post
I personally don't think Tkachuk is worth $8M let alone $10M, but the hockey experts think the world of Tkachuk. I think he's a solid player, but offensively I can't see him being the franchise player some make him out to be. He's not Marchand offensively and it's hard to say if he ever will be, but they're paying for future projected value and maybe $8M is appropriate, but $10M would be gross overkill for a player who's not offensively gifted at the high end.
The 100-point mark was used as an unreachable projection on the basis of comparing Tkachuk to Marchand, whom this poster has asserted to be a superior offensive player. I emphatically disagree, at least insofar as how good Tkachuk will be, since he is already miles ahead of where Marchand was at his age.

In short, yes, Tkachuk realistically projects to be at least as good as Brad Marchand, because he is already a lot better than Marchand was at the same age.

Yes, Tkachuk's offensive abilities are absolutely "high end"; he is an elite-level scoring talent in spite of his shortcomings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote