View Single Post
Old 06-01-2020, 01:00 PM   #41
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by agulati View Post
Players wont get re-rated through the season, correct? And if a player retires in the real world, is he required to retire in the league as well?

For instance, if Engelland (69 rating) retires, will I have to get him to retire, or can I use him for the year still, and if Williams (64 rating) retires, can I approach that differently and get him to retire?
yeah players don't get re-rated during the season.

if a player retires in real world, he retires from the CPHL too - effective immediately. Unless the player retires at the end of the season - then he can finish his CPHL season as well. From the rules:
Quote:
If a player retires in the NHL he retires at the same time in the CPHL. No buyout is required for retired players UNLESS acquired via UFA BY THAT TEAM in the same season or preceding off-season.

The league holds the sole discretion on whether a player is retired or not, based on the following guidelines.

· A player is deemed retired when its listed via the NHL.com site, other reputable sites (including Wikipedia), or when articles in any newspaper state the player quoting the same.
· As long as a player is active in pro hockey anywhere in the world they are eligible for CPHL play.
· Former NHLers no longer in the NHL should be expected to receive substantial rating decreases in the off-season
· The league reserves the right to rule whether or not a player is eligible for CPHL play based on the information available. GMs should be aware that there is ambiguity in retirement definitions.
· If a player retires at the end of their NHL season, they will be allowed to complete their CPHL season
· If the player retires before the completion of their NHL season then they retire in the CPHL right away

For example. If Gary Roberts announced his retirement tomorrow and stopped playing – he will be retired in the CPHL. If Gary Roberts announced tomorrow he is retiring at the END of his season – he can complete his CPHL season. If Gary Roberts season ends in 2 weeks, and he announces his retirement at that point – he can complete his CPHL season.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post: