View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 06:58 PM   #25
GettinIggyWithIt
Scoring Winger

Exp:

[QUOTE=kehatch;4322849]I don't agree with him entirely. I agree with the overall placement. But the Flames do have a fair bit of depth IMO.

C: Horak, Monahan, Jankowski, Knight, Reinhart, Granlund, Bouma, Arnold, Byron, DeBlouw
W: Baertschi, Gaudreau, Klmichuk, Poirier, Agostino, Ferland, Hanowski, Gordon, Harrison
D: Billins, Sieloff, Wotherspoon, Cundari, Breen, Roy, Kilak, Culkin, Ramage, Kanzig, Rafikov, Gilmour
G: Brossoit, Gilles, Ortio

There are a lot of B and C level prospects on the list. What the Flames lack are A level prospects on D and in net. They are also lacking proven NHL ready talent as the bulk of our best prospects have yet to play a game of pro.[/QUOTE]

In your opinion- how would you differentiate between an A, B, C and D level prospect? Are you basing that on potential of making the NHL, ceiling, NHL readiness, etc.? I am not agreeing or disagreeing with you but classifying prospects that way can be arbitrary depending on what criteria is used so I'd be interested to know how you differentiate.

I have to question the statement in bold though. I think proven NHL ready talent is a bit of an oxymoron - as they wouldn't really be a prospect, if they were a proven NHL ready talent. The lack of NHL experience and potential is part of what makes a player a prospect vs. a good young NHL player.
GettinIggyWithIt is offline   Reply With Quote