View Single Post
Old 06-15-2017, 05:48 AM   #12
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
I imagine the cheapest to get in will be a thousand bucks..for the worst seats in the house.

This is nothing but a sideshow but it will be spectacularly successful as far as revenue goes.

The weigh-in presser will be must watch TV.
I don't think it'll be $1000 just to get in. This isn't Manny and Floyd, a fight people really badly wanted to see (albeit it several years earlier). Most people know that this is going to be really awful as a fight, and Floyd fighting Manny hurts this fights ability to sell big money tickets because fans know Floyd has no interest in an actual fight with shots being exchanged, they know he's going to be a pure boxer, hit and don't get hit, with a heavy emphasis on the latter.

In fact it's the bolded most people are actually excited about, the promotion will be far, far better than the actual fight. The celebrities and high rollers and money spenders are going to wait for the real superfight that is going to be at least 100 times a better fight than this sideshow. I think tickets will be expensive sure, but not ridiculously so. This is a much, much harder sell at $1,000 just to get in than Manny and Floyd was, you know the odds are extremely high (like 99.95%) this will not be worth the money.

I also don't wanna hear anyone who spends any money on this complaining when it turns into a dud. If you aren't aware it's going to be, that's on you and no one else. Just go watch the McGregor sparring sessions, remind yourself Floyd has fought guys who are 5-10 times better boxers than Conor, and seek out an illegal stream instead.

Last edited by Senator Clay Davis; 06-15-2017 at 05:54 AM.
Senator Clay Davis is offline   Reply With Quote