View Single Post
Old 01-04-2017, 02:38 PM   #12
Hot_Flatus
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash_pinched View Post
That's quite the drop for Vasek, as I think he's a top 50 player, but he needs to prove it on the court. He's got a new coach now and managed to record some pretty good results late in 2016, so here's hoping he can stay healthy and have a good 2017.

He has 24 tournaments on his record from last year so I think that is a slight miscalculation. Everyone has bumps and bruises and has to pull out of matches...Vasek's biggest issue is his erratic ground strokes leading to him consistently hitting the ball long, which is symptomatic of a player that is typically over matched and trying to throttle the ball. He really has just not been a good player for the last 12-15 months.

I do like the guy but I highly doubt he ever gets back into the top 50 as a single player. Top 75 maybe. I'd like to see his team focus on more smallish, winnable events this year in the hopes he boosts his confidence. Perhaps switching to a serve and volley style of play to maximize his above average net play would be a good move as well. Right now is just a world of hurt as he pretty much has to qualify for every tournament he plays.

Last edited by Hot_Flatus; 01-04-2017 at 02:41 PM.
Hot_Flatus is offline   Reply With Quote