View Single Post
Old 06-16-2018, 10:27 AM   #53
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash_pinched View Post
Yeah, he broke his finger and will be out for a while.
Not just broke it, he could play with that but he had to have surgery to repair it...it was a nasty break.

Should be back within a couple weeks though. Great player and will be missed.

Really wonder about this years squad. Soooo many changes from last season which I think will lead to an adjustment period. The O-Line is actually the most stable part of the team all of a sudden even though 3 guys retired over the winter. 2 of them never did play last year, but the loss of Federkeil will be felt for a while.

To start Im not sure that the Stamps best course of attack is a LOT of ground game which hopefully will allow shots down the field with Rogers now back and Begelton/Daniels needing attention from the defense as well. If they can game plan and get one on one coverage for any of those guys they could see some success through the air. Bo's shoulder is apparently 100% and it needs to be as he was certainly less than that last year.

This team will live and die with its defense though. That "front 7" is absolutely the strength of the entire club, and hopefully rotating guys in and out keeps them able to sustain pressure for the full 60 minutes, particularly once Davis is back and healthy. The D line is deeper than i ever remember a Stamps team being. The LB core isn't that far off either and if he stays healthy i suspect Singleton will be in the defensive player of he year talk once again.

Might be a bumpy beginning to the year, but i see this team getting stronger as they go along which bodes well the way the schedule is. Eastern teams the first 5 games followed by 6 in a row against the West.

Going to be a struggle tonight IMO as they get some things figured out and Hamilton has to have some payback in mind for that 60-1 thrashing the Stamps laid on them last year.