View Single Post
Old 12-08-2021, 01:47 PM   #462
Classic_Sniper
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverFlameFan View Post
I thought last night was one of his best games if not the best one this season. He was all over the puck. That is the Sean Monahan we know. And this is coming from someone that has been on the trade-Monahan-train for a while.
Definitely in agreement, probably one of, if not his best games of the year and definitely the most effective his line has looked all season and I hope it can continue. Hopefully he can start burying some more of his chances though, with how good his line was last night and for how many minutes they played, a goal manufactured specifically by Monahan could’ve made all the difference in securing at least one point or possibly even 2.

For me however, I’m still on the trade Monahan camp. Mostly due to the team’s really poor cap situation. I don’t think Treliving expected such an explosive start by Mangiapane or Kylington’s season out of no where. But regardless, if the Flames want to keep these guys and the top line intact, Monahan’s contract has to go.

But that doesn’t mean we can’t all hope that he can still have a decent season upping whatever trade value he has while hopefully contributing to the team’s winning ways. I certainly would take that over buying him out which would really hurt our cap situation. So hopefully we’ve found our 4 lines and this is it for a while.
Classic_Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote